Thanks to the first 25 subscribers who liked our Facebook Page , we are now the proud owner of this neat and fancy URL: www.facebook.com/Pinoylancers.
If you want to do the same for your Facebook Page , below is a guide on how to snag a brandable URL.
It's a customized link for your profile for a much more clean-looking Facebook address.
Here is the original facebook address of Pinoylancers:
After personalizing it, this is now our vanity url:
- Allows you to easily promote and share your Facebook identity
- Easy to remember
- Looks good on business cards
- Adds professionalism to your business page
It Pays to Know the Rules...
- You need to be an administrator of the Facebook Page
- Only one username or URL is allowed per page
- Your Facebook Page should have more than 25 fans
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (".") -- NO hypens or underscores
- Must be at least five characters long
- Once selected, Facebook Page vanity names are not transferable. So make sure you choose your username that will suit your business for a long time. Be careful when creating the url because if you mispell it , there is no way to correct it.
- Generic words are not available as usernames, so you can't use words like cars, books or pizza
- Your vanity name must adhere to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
Finally the Steps!
1. Log in to your Facebook Profile.
2. You must first choose a username for your personal profile. To do this go to Account > Account Settings.
Look for Username > Change.
3. After selecting a username for your personal profile, go to http://www.facebook.com/username/
It should give you a page similar to this. Select the page name if you have multiple pages, enter desired username and check the availabilty. If it's available, double check it first before hitting on the confirm button. Once confirmed, page usernames cannot be transferred, edit or changed.
Tips, tips, tips!
- Create a username that is as close as possible to what you are promoting. If you can get your exact name or business name, much better.
- Create a username that is in alignment with your other accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Facebook page usernames are not transferrable or editable once selected, so be extra careful when choosing.
- If you have a trademarked name but is already taken by others, notify Facebook by filling out their Notice of Intellectual Property Infringement Form.
There you have it. Creating a vanity name is not rocket science. However there are more than 500 million active users on Facebook today , so the best time for you to grab that username you desire is NOW!
Pinoylancers, founded in 2008, is a Philippine-based team of professionals specializing in different IT fields. Recognizing the fact that every client has unique and distinct business needs, Pinoylancers constantly strives to become a one-stop shop that will offer and develop personalized end-to-end web technologies and solutions.
We are constantly improving to better suit your needs. Please send us any comments, suggestions, or questions you might have. You can simply reply here or contact us at:
Contact Numbers: 09153150809 and 09065216070